POLICY FOR THE BLOG OF ICEBREAKER694
4-14-17: I am only taking books that I have contacted the author/publisher for currently. Don’t worry, book pitches will reopen soon upon further notice.
Now taking Middle Grade, Young Adult, New Adult, and Indie books! Continue reading for more info.
- Will accept review pitches from any author/blogger/publisher, but please look at the guidelines (see below).
- Reviews of review copies are most likely to be posted in under 60 days, if you have a preference then tell me! I will see what I can do.
- I am fine with Blog Tours, Reviews, Buddy Reads, and Author Interviews.
- Contact: email@example.com
- If you want to send print copies email me (see above) for information regarding to where copy should be sent.
- Also for print: If publisher/blog tour/author needs copy back, please tell me. I don’t sell them or give them away, I will always keep them unless I have to send them back.
- I will not take NetGalleys at the moment.
- Ebooks are also encouraged. EPubs are preferred, but I will take PDFs as well.
Genres I DO Cover On
- (Clean) Contemporary Romance
- Urban Fantasy
- High Fantasy
- Historical Fiction
Genres I SOMETIMES Cover On
- Science Fiction
- Graphic Novels
Genres I LEAST LIKELY/DO NOT Cover On
- If your book falls into the last two categories, feel free to email me if you think I will enjoy it. I am still open to your ideas.
[This guideline only follows review copies/ARCs. Books that I bought/borrowed from bookstores/libraries are formatted differently.]
- Author link
- Pub. Date
- Where to Buy
- Goodreads synopsis
- Spoil free review
- Please tell me if book has a giveaway, I can include the links under the review.
- By FTC Guidelines, I will provide an honest review.
- If I find that I did not enjoy the book I will still write a review, but I never bash an author directly.
❄️❄️= Okay; Potential
❄️❄️❄️= Good; Cute, Sweet
❄️❄️❄️❄️= Great; awesome
❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️= OMG it was amazing!!!
I also do .25, .5, and .75s.
- Clean books are preferred, please. Authors email me if your book contains bad language, heavy romance, drugs, gore, or any other inappropriateness. I will most likely still read the book, it’s just nice to know.
- I will only accept a few books at a time. I am very sorry, but sometimes I may not have time to review a certain amount of books under the 60 day time period. If you don’t have a time period then I will gladly accept your book. If you want the review in a certain time frame then I will try to work out the details, but email me beforehand a date so I know. For now, I may limit a book if I have too many to read.
- I post reviews every Friday, if you do not agree with this then email me a date prior to the review.
- I will respond to your emails with my answer, and if at any given time, I cannot reach you or cannot get your confimation with a copy of your book, I cannot read/review your book until you answer/send a copy. This is simply because I want to make sure that you are knowledgeable of me reviewing your book, and also that I can’t review a book with out a copy. This is an important guideline because this has happened before, and I need you to please respond to my emails as well.
- If you have any problems with my review please email me instead of comment. I don’t really look forward to negativity on my blog site. Email me questions if you want, too.
- If I don’t like a book I would never start to dis the author. My opinions are my own, and I know people may think the opposite of the result. However, even if I did not enjoy something, I still think other readers will. Just one opinion is not the end of a writing career, and I support all authors for their dedication and work.