I’m back with another spotlight for this week! I recently heard that a comic I started, but didn’t finish, became completed! It was completed for a while actually, but I’ve been putting it off because I didn’t know if I was able to get back into it. However, I’m here now with a spotlight, so that means I conquered my demons (aka Procrastination) and actually finished it!
So without further ado, here’s the comic spotlight for this week!
Currently On Stage
unTouchable by Massstar
Long ago, I first spotted this comic while scrolling through the “Featured” section of Webtoons and looked at the synopsis. I then decided to not read it, because vampires. (I had a thing about not reading vampire stuff, it’s gone now.) However, it kept showing up, and I needed reading material, so I clicked on it and began to read.
I was instantly hooked, and I ended up reading all of the updates that were available (130-ish episodes) in one night (or was it two?). (I can’t remember much, it’s been a long while, and I’ve forgotten a lot because I was caught up in other comics.)
The synopsis seemed very cheesy, and frankly, something I couldn’t envision myself reading. After I did read unTouchable, I was surprised that I was actually enjoying it so much!
I put it off after there were no more chapters for me to read, but I read the rest of the updates recently, and got hooked again. After I finished, I knew I had to make a post for it! (Partially because I haven’t written about a Webtoon yet.)
Here are some highlights/clarifications about the comic (as much as I can remember that’s not a spoiler).
- Facts about Sia: She is a model looking for a gig, but she’s also a special kind of vampire that absorbs energy from human contact. Sia’s friend, Baryu, is also a vampire, however her friend, Sihwan, is not.
- Facts about Baryu: He’s a famous singer, who changes his hairstyle now and then (his last hairstyle is my favorite. 😊) He and Sia are childhood friends, and he’s been calling Sia “Simba” for most of her life. (It’s actually really cute.)
- Jiho: He is a mystery author who refuses to touch anyone. Is this condition medical? Is it trauma? You will soon learn.
- Sia finds it annoying how Jiho doesn’t let her touch him. (She needs to, after all she’s a vampire who eats energy.) So the first part of the series is about her strategizing ways for Jiho to overcome his inability to get closer to people.
- When Sia first meets Jiho, she compared him to chicken. She even saved his number as “Chicken” on her contacts list. 😂 (Jiho doesn’t know yet.)
- I noticed that the art changes just a tad. It’s hard to see at first, but I compared the art from episode one and the last episode together and saw improvement in the last episode. It’s actually really cool, once you think about it.
- New characters are introduced in the middle of the series, and darker backstories come to light. It will have you on the edge of your seat; so much drama! 😄
There are now 142 saved episodes on Webtoons to read right now! Some parts may be for an older audience (if I remember correctly), just to let y’all know. If you want to read a good love story, with a touch of drama and plot twists (and there will be some), then please try it out!