I wanted to post another Spotlight for y’all, so I searched around the web for some old comics I used to read on Pinterest. Turns out, they’re all on Tapastic, so I had a binge fest! (I had too much time on my hands…) I wanted to bring attention to one comic in particular and so I present to you, The Kao!
Currently On the Stage:
Mondo Mango by The Kao
This is a really cute, slice of life comic about The Kao himself. If you just want to read something short, that may give you a few laughs, then you should check out this comic! The art is generally simple, but it’s really cute to read, and much of the dialogue is entertaining.
As I would normally do, here are some highlighted moments or clarifications about the comic.
- Why does he call himself The Kao? Well my friend, in one of the chapters he stated that “Kao” is just his last name and it was pronounced like the animal.
- Piggyback: Why does he call the comic Mongo Mango if there aren’t any mangos? I really have no clue, that’s not a helpful answer, but he does have some cameos of mangos now and then. 😊
- Around half of his chapters are either guest posts or collabs with other artists, and it’s really neat to see all of them in one site. He’s friends with them too, so that’s a really cool accomplishment. (*crowd cheers*)
- Bendy straws. It’s hard to find a chapter without them. They are everywhere. But don’t dis the straws! They are fabulous!
- If you don’t have a tolerance for puns, it saddens me to say that you might not last a long time. (The pun-police punishes those who don’t like a good play on words.) (Hehe, see what I did there?) (*awkward silence*)
- Instead of taking a fun photo on vacation, lots of photos are taken of people/scenery for art references. To be honest, I’d do the same thing. (*feels guilty*)
Fun little story. I was commenting on a bunch of comics I liked on Tapastic, and I saw my notifications button light up about an hour later. It turns out that someone replied to one of my comments, and that someone was The Kao. I just wanted to share this story because it made my day whenever someone liked to comment back. 🙂
Kao has a Patreon where you can support him if you’d like. He does many other different art styles besides the pictures I’m showing you, so there are more different versions of his work if you want to see it.
There’s a little over a hundred chapters, but they are really fast to breeze by. It only took me an hour or so to reread them all. For some, this comic might not be entertaining enough, or funny enough, but if you think that you’d enjoy reading this, then give it a try!!