I want to thank a wonderful blogger for tagging me, Joanna @ Bookneeders. Give this link a click!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
15 other bloggersyou want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How My Blog Started
I’ve told this story many times, but I’ll tell it again. Everyone! Gather around the fireplace, it’s story time! 😀
This blog used to be an assignment for a computer class, all the students were meant to make a type of social media outlet and I chose a blog (as well as many other students). I was new to the book world at the time (cause I didn’t really read a lot prior) and so I thought it would be interesting to review books and share my opinions on them.
I used a few other sites before this one, but I didn’t like navigating on them at all (they were confusing). I was introduced to WordPress, and I built up me blog from there.
The teacher eventually forgot about the assignment, but I was enjoying myself on my blog so I decided to keep it running. I did tags, review, polls, and discussion questions at the time, but recently I’ve also made anime discussions and manga reviews (they will be posted I swear on the cuteness of my cat) instead of the polls and questions.
- Don’t be afraid to ask other bloggers for help on something. I’ve had a few (5-ish) people come to me with tag help, or review help. I’m happy to give you all a tutorial on navigating this site sometime (should I make a post?) because I also get questions for that. But we are all in the same situation and are trying to figure out how to improve our blogs. It’s just easier to ask a fellow blogger for some advice (I know I ask around a lot 😄).
- Your blog is yours. I am proud of my fellow bloggers who turned their interests into a post. Lots of them take breaks now and then, and that is totally fine. There is no right and wrong when it comes to your blog, it’s your own, you can do whatever you want with it.