I’d love to thank Casey over at AdoptaBookAUS for tagging me! Sorry it took a year for me to get to it (get it?)!
RULE TIME! RULE TIME! RULE TIME!
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Select other blogs you want to give the award to
I’ve told this story many times, but I’m telling it again for any new readers!
Originally, this blog was a school assignment.
We were covering blogs and other forms of social media. First we had to watch videos on how to create your blog, wiki, podcast, etc. (which I didn’t really need to look at now that I realize it) then create one from what you learned. The assignment wasn’t due until spring (it was winter) but we were allowed a head start.
It took a while for me to find a good blogging website that was easy to navigate. I was introduced to WordPress from a friend, and had an incredible idea to start a book blog! I was new to books (due to me neglecting to read them before) and loved the idea of reviewing them to encourage other people to read.
I learned the ropes around WordPress and blogging in general. I was having a blast and meeting new people. I didn’t want to turn in this blog for a grade because it felt too personal to give up.
I didn’t need to worry, our teacher forgot about the assignment eventually. (It was three months after all. I would’ve forgotten too if I were him.) Since I no longer associated this blog with school, I was free to take it more seriously and promote a lot of more books.
Now, I’m updating a whole lot more and plan to keep this blog up for a long time. 😀
- Don’t be afraid to try new things! There’s so many opportunities out there, and so many new things to try out. I’ve had a lot of fun collaborating with buddy reads, and setting up reviews for ARCs! Try something that seems fun for you!
- Connect with people! Go through your Reader and check out new blogs! There’s so many other new bloggers like you out there! I bet they’re learning just like you, so ask them for help or make friends with them!